Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rachael - MHSS - July

Getting a head start (seems I keep neglecting these blogs) -- perhaps I'll Part II it later in the month.

July says:
- In June, my sunflowers began opening up! yay!
(Other planting experiments and attempts have not proven so successful.)
(Hm.)
- Did I ever mention my gorgeous cousin Baby Brooke being born in May??
- Also June: John Marks, as Alan mentioned -- AWESOME
(At the John Marks event, magically I was the only gal -- except for, thank goodness, this new gal we haven't had at the house before. Very cool chick; glad to have her on Team [Female] MHSS. :) )
- Saw a couple friends I haven't meet up with in YEARS
- Saw one friend I haven't seen in a year and another I haven't seen in two
(- What's up with my social life?!?)
- Cousin's bar mitzvah (another one -- not of the LA variety)
- Block party: met our neighbors! A cool bunch. I <3 this place. (Way different from where I grew up.)
- A very successful Artsy Craftsy Night here @MHSS (complete with JEM -- clearly an awesome crowd), double doses of some of the best humans ever (Cheryl & Shelly), free concerts in D.C., sumo bean bag slams, fun w/ cooking, minor league baseball, hermit crab bonding -- and only good times to come.

No comments: