Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Moishe House Williamsburg - Micah's Post

About six months ago I moved across the country, from Los Angeles to New York. It wasn't easy, LA was comfortable, filled with close friends and family. I was the only sibling of three still living there, I felt guilty moving away from my parents. I also spent years building a community while running the LA Moishe House. So why did I leave? Move to a city with bad weather, too many people, and no good mexican food. As much as I loved living in LA, I felt stagnant. Building a Moishe House in New York was a challenge. I was up for it, and was eager to get the house up and running. The Williamsburg crew is a group of three young adults, all not from New York, all working together to throw seven events a month for Jewish young professionals in a city not lacking in Jewish events. As mentioned I moved here six months ago, and I couldn't be happier. Our Moishe House has risen to the task. We've brought people together from all over New York, created memories, friendships, and Jewish experiences.

No comments: