Thursday, June 21, 2012

House on the Table by the Sea - Dan Kruss, MH Cape Town

This is my second year that I am lucky enough to live in the best house in the best city in the World.
Moishe House, Cape Town, is my home (as temporary as it may be).
I share it with my housemates -People that are as awesome and chilled as me.

We work like dogs to make events awesome, engaging and magnetic. And in the end of the day, it's all worth it.
Our home is always filled with our friends, friends of friends and we love it.
The table tennis table never rests. The kettle works overtime, pumping out copious amounts of tea and hot chocolate in this cold weather.
This vast, omnifarious, crazy group of people have become a community.

We may all be made of different fabric, but we share a thread.
We are all Jewish. We are all Jewish young adults in a city filled with both opportunities and hurdles.
The important and fascinating thing is that we embrace and tackle every one.

I work from 9 to 5 everyday. I work late at night.
But when I get home and there's 10 people there to greet me. All worries and stress seems to wane away.

It has been amazing living in Moishe House CT.

People ask me why I live here.
I ask them why not.

No comments: