Sunday, May 3, 2009

MHSF - Sarah - April Blog

Just read my roommate Ari's post and it's funny because our minds seem to be in the same spot. I've been thinking a lot lately about why it is that our MHSF bookclub has been so relatively unsuccessful. I've always wanted to be a part of one (what a dorky thing to aspire to, right?), and finally had the chance when Danny moved in and wanted to start one at the house. We started off all pumped up, with like 8 in the club. After that first month however, we dwindled down to maybe 4 or 5, and it's been getting even smaller since. Can't quite figure out why. Part of the problem I think is just our generally hectic lives -- as young adults living and working in an urban setting, we PLAN on reading the book of the month, but too much stuff just seems to come up. Whether it's work committments, friends, other house events, all of a suden another month has flown by and I've barely cracked the book. And this is coming from a girl who loves to read. Guess we might be putting it on hold for a while, but I have faith that one day I can get a nerdy enough crew together who will be dedicated to really reading the books, and hopefully will motivate me to do so as well!

ciao,
Sarah

No comments: