Summer has come to visit us in Portland and it's awesome! It's a great time to meet Summer and discover Moishe House experiences through my own eyes. I'm glad I'm making a personal connection.
We talked about a lot of stuff tonight. I think we're generating some great ideas.
I also feel weird since I know we're refining the blog deal...so maybe I'll just talk about how I'm looking forward to that!
I've been running a thread of Darfur awareness events and I think they're going well. There's improvement to be made but I think it's an area of accomplishment and for development.
Jodi, a housemate, brought up an important point tonight which is to harness one's individual passions and create events that are driven by them, or focused on them. I find that I'm passionate about intellectual events. Speakers, artistic things, social action, etc. I want to *learn* something...in a community setting. So it gives me food for thought. What can I create that would be really really interesting intellectually? Artistically engaging? Focused on giving to those in need in a compelling way? I really want to erase any sorts of previous biases and let myself be inspired by my own energy and knowing that others are interested in these kinds of things too. Being open to that give and take of what others are interested in and letting those factors shape my events will also be productive.
A great person once said, "Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do it, for what the world needs are people who come alive."
No comments:
Post a Comment