Wednesday, May 30, 2012

David Z - MH Vienna

Hello friends of Moishe House

My name is David and I want to share my experiences that I have had in the Viennese Moishe House. A little bit about my person….  I am 29 years old and I am happy to become a dentist soon. I grew up in a traditional non religious family. We always celebrate the “most important” jewish holidays, Pessach, Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur; on Friday evening my mum lights the candles and my brother makes the Kiddush blessing over the wine. But I never really learn a deeper meaning of those holidays and why we celebrate them.
I used to live alone in my 2 room apartment. Moving into the Moishe House Vienna some time ago made a big change in my life. In the morning waking up in the same house with 3 other mates, having breakfast with them, talking about life, having discussions about past and upcoming events, makes a huge difference in my day to day life.


A big change for me was and is the responsibility. Living with mates means to establish rules for the house and follow those. You have to get along with your mates, what actually works very well. The biggest experience of course is organizing events and hosting people. Getting to know new people is so amazing! Through the events I also made good friends, whom I also meet in my free time. It makes me feel good when people give a positive feedback about our events or come up with ideas for new events. A kind of proof that our events are successful is, when people call me up and ask when the next event will take place. The feedback is always a big motivation for me and my mates and it helps us improving the quality of our events.
Moishe house is a part of my soul and inspired me!

No comments: