Tuesday, January 17, 2012

You Never Know...

...who you're going to meet along the way.

A week after we moved into the new West LA Moishe House, I was going through that all-too-familiar process of scouring Craigslist for a few little things we still needed to make the house feel more like home. Of course, Craigslist is always an adventure (I've met my share of unsavory characters and  oddly scented furniture along the way) and you never know exactly what you're in for. This time, however, I responded to a random ad for a 'lightly used' bed frame, and was pleasantly surprised to learn that the woman who had posted the ad was not only Jewish, but was also active in our community (she happens to run a website called All Things Jewish dot com )

I asked if she knew about Moishe House and told her a little about what were doing, and suddenly we went from guarded Craigslist strangers to new friends.  "Wow," she said excitedly. "Now that I know where it's going, I've got some other furniture I'd be happy to donate to you guys."

Not only that, but she took the time to write a really nice blog entry about Moishe House which you can read here: http://allthingsjewish.wordpress.com/2012/01/07/allthingsjewish-discovers-moishe-house-in-la/

One more reminder of how fantastic our community is.

You can check out her website at allthingsjewish.com 

No comments: