Change is in the air -- literally. As if on cue, the weather here in Seattle recently changed from summery to chilly, windy, and wet. Fall started Sept. 23, and already it's off to an ambitious start. I've apparently lost my beloved red North Face jacket, which means I need to buy another one. The Moishe House Seattle sukkah is well on its way to completion in the backyard, and I hope our scheduled mini-golf trip in late October isn't rained out, especially because I'm leading it.
Zara is, as expected, a great addition to the house. Her enthusiasm and sensitivity are wonderful to have around, and she made our living room look as though civilized people actually inhabit the house. I'm not a neatnik, and she likes things reasonably clean, but we're working on a compromise that we'll both be pleased with. Also, she's leading an ingenious program wherein we'll build sukkot out of cookies (like gingerbread houses). I can't wait!
I'm 30, so I'll be leaving Moishe House soon. No organization is perfect, just as no person or house is, but MH has helped me find my way back to Jewish life, and for that I'll always be grateful. I'm also glad to know that as a Moishe House alum, I'll likely have somewhere to stay across the country, and even around the world. I want to also mention the efforts of Summer Shapiro, who has done her best to work with MH Seattle's unconventional approaches to various matters. I wish the MH Seattle of the future, whatever shape it may take, a great deal of luck. And of course I'll always be around as a resource, in case my wisdom is needed or desired. Shana tova, everyone, and happy Sukkot!
1 comment:
Нече себе !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[url=http://mastervoda.ru/]тесты по трудовому праву[/url]
Post a Comment