Monday, October 5, 2009

eli wald - district of columbia.

It’s been a hectic, challenging few months on my end--I’ll try to illuminate some of the highlights. In July, I returned to the Middle East, albeit this time for a painfully short period. Spent a few days in Jordan meeting with HM’s advisors, followed by a couple of weeks west of the river, reuniting with the TLV beaches. For some enigmatic reason, I returned to the US, heavy heart and a slim wallet in tow, and the DC summer uncomfortably melted my face off. Adam moved out, Sarah moved in, and the vibe at MHDC is fresh and electric. A slew of great events have generated a deafening buzz in the District. I flew solo for our biggest Shabbat dinner ever, 125 people deep, successfully co-sponsored by Birthright Next, and a little help from my friends. Notably, our shtick was recorded faithfully by Haaretz (http://bit.ly/nIMbY) in an expose that unwrapped a family secret that perhaps should have remained buried in the Zionist history books. For better or worse, work devoured my September, as I spent the month preparing for and attending the UNGA. Exhilarating, no doubt, but there’s more to life than the P5+1 and non-proliferation strategy. Thankfully, I have Kid Cudi to keep me grounded. October bodes well, as I prepare for my October Sky event, which promises to fulfill the ambitions of a young Homer Hickam Jr. and countless others in DC who dream of launching rockets from their rooftops. CHAG SUKKOT SAMEACH. WORD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://sunkomutors.net/][img]http://sunkomutors.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]software cd purchase, [url=http://sunkomutors.net/]freeware for windows xp[/url]
[url=http://sunkomutors.net/][/url] i buy oem software portable kaspersky internet security
11 Mac StuffIt [url=http://sunkomutors.net/]history educational software[/url] best price software
[url=http://sunkomutors.net/]buy oem software[/url] mobile work order software
[url=http://sunkomutors.net/]google office software[/url] buy pocket pc software
downloadable software online store [url=http://sunkomutors.net/]adobe photoshop cs3 for mac student version[/b]