Monday, October 5, 2009

Learning Curve

I sit here writing last minute trying to figure out what you the reader wants to learn about, I reflect on how much fun it is to be a Moishe House resident. To be honest, there was a question in the application that asked “what do you perceive to be the biggest challenges that you will face?” I responded that we will encounter obstacles, and that we have.
I read daily inspirational teachings and on my birthday, Jaunary 1st, the pearl of wisdom reflects that life is an obstacle course and that we must run the gamete to receive the trophy. However, there have been so many times where I ask myself ”why can’t I just have the trophy and call it a day?” The answer being, then life would be boring.
As I just finished teaching my last chair yoga class at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, I shared a lot with my students. One of the insights being, that the opposite of happiness is not sadness, rather it is boredom. As a result of this blog post it is all coming together. Now, I am able to see how my teaching has combined with ancient inspiration, which is then being transferred into my Moishe House life.
I am learning so much while living here and I wish it were all easy, and in fact it might become that way as time goes on. However, right now it is not. My personal life is nil, my work life is nonstop, and my level of joy has never been so high. I love this obstacle, so I say bring it on life; let’s see what I am made of. There are so many factors that were brought into place for me to be here that I cannot but help feel gratitude.
Perhaps this written expression captures my emotional experience; maybe this is just random word vomiting. Regardless, this is truly who I am in this moment, alive, confused, and vulnerable and so eager to move ahead and embrace all of this whirl wind called the Moishe House experience
So as I sit here going through a box of tissues and a stomach full of watermelon, trying to get rid of my cold, I internally smile because it is taking me in the direction where I want to go. Life is filled with signs on this ever ending road map and mine are all pointing in the direction towards abundance, self expression, companionship and unyielding love. So my Moishe House people people, be well stay focused, trust life like you did when you were a child and keep in touch.

Yours In Health and Nuttiness.
Franklin

No comments: