Monday, October 5, 2009

First 3 months

After living in the newly founded Russian Moishe House for 3 months, I find myself reflecting on what an interesting experience it has been.

When I graduated from grad school, I decided that I'll never live with roommates again. I have a few quirks, one of which is that I'm a very private person, and I do not like others to know too much about what I do on a day to day basis. So the idea of moving into a house, which I'll have to shore not only with 3 roommates, but also with the entire Russian-Jewish community of Chicago, was, to say the least, unorthodox for me.

The results so far, have been positive. Not to say that there haven't been problems and small annoyances, but I feel like I've been able to contribute to the community by participating in this, and I got something back from them as well. The communal living experience, while having both highs and lows, has been fun and rewarding. The first three months, in my eyes, have been a success.

No comments: