Wednesday, August 1, 2007

July Update

Hello all,

It's hard to believe that it is August already, it doesn't seem like there was enough time. Still, the month had a lot of great events and it certainly kept all of us busy. This month had the first installment of my "Tangentially Jewish" Movie Night, which was, to tell the truth, something less than a resounding success. With only one non-Moishe House resident showing up, it didn't really have the feel I was going for. To be fair, it was a hard sell for a first movie: a depressing Japanese anime film that few people have ever heard of (Grave of the Fireflies, by the way). Still and all I really enjoyed the movie and I hope that with more mainstream picks coming in the future, and with more heads up time and advertising before the event, our next movie night will be more of a success. Other than that all of our other events this month went off very well and with large turnouts, so on the whole I have nothing to complain about and look forward to next month. Until next time.

--Noam

No comments: