Thursday, August 2, 2007

back to "studying"

Hello all

So it's back to varsity time after an extremely fun, and much needed holiday! It's strange though, because no matter how long the vacation is, it always seems way too short when you realise that it ends in less than a week. But up until that last depressing week my holiday was absolutely amazing!

I went to a national arts festival which is held every year in the beautiful, but rather isolated city of Grahamstown, and saw some really incredible shows and performances! Seeing that sort of thing always inspires me to become an actress or follow some path involving the arts. I also went to Durban for a week, a city in South Africa that I'd never been to before, and it was also really fun, especially since Durban has great weather throughout the year. So even though it was the middle of winter, and I had just arrived from what felt like negative degree temperatures, the beach and sea was amazingly warm and perfect for swimming! It was also nice to take a bit of a break from the guys, although I found that our time apart really made me realise just how much I missed them and their little quirks, and it was so great to see them all again when we returned from our respective holidays.

And so now it's four days into the new varsity term, and I'm still trying to decide on my last course to take. It might sound a bit strange, but I'm looking for a course that's early in the morning, say about 9am, because otherwise I start at 10am every day, and for some reason I have this mentality that if i start that late I'm wasting my day. Even though the chances are I probably wouldn't go to most of my 9am lectures, just knowing that I have a lecture at 9am makes me feel a bit better :)

So what else can I tell you? The house is looking pretty good, with a few minor changes taking place, such as kev and barnett switching rooms, and also apparently an increasing number of people using my bathroom. It really is great to be back though, and I can't wait till Friday night, when we're having a fun, chilled event here, so I'll hopefully get to see a lot of friends and other people that I haven't seen for a while. Also, it should be a nice break after our first week back at varsity, though with my schedule being as easy as it is, I can't see myself being too stressed just yet.

But having said that, I probably should start doing some work. I actually just bought two of my textbooks, one of which I needed for the first semester six months ago... aren't you proud? :)

Ok, well my stomach's starting to grumble, so I think it's time to raid the kitchen for something to eat. I hope all other Moishe Houseniks are having a great start to the second half of the year, and I'll keep you updated on how it's going here in sunny(ish) South Africa :)

Byeee

No comments: