Tuesday, August 21, 2007

HEATIN' UP IN SILVER SPRING, MD

Zvi here, from the Silver Spring,MD House. Many crazy things happened this month, but one of my favorite was showing a Nigerian Igbo Catholic Priest the Moishe House slides from the Nigeria house and grab him and say, "My Jewish Brother!!"

Our house is just about in full gear. By next month we will have all 5 members living in the house and I feel that this will take us to new heights. It is a really quiet morning and though I am on "vacation" I cannot get my body to sleep past 7:30am.

Some highlights from August ... I got to do a little teaching about the month of Elul. I really love doing this flow, learning about each month, I feel that I am reconnecting with the Jewish calendar, and feel more ready for the challenge of the "HIGH HOLY DAYS!" (PLEASE READ IN A LOUD ECHO TYPE VOICE). The day out in Silver Spring was awesome, too bad the weather was a blower! Looking forward to this shabbat too.

Many blessings!

No comments: