Thursday, September 1, 2011

Bye bye MoHo-Fo now :)

It's that time we all know exists, but have no idea when it will happen. It's my time to spread my wings, and move on out of the wonderful, beautifully, loving Moishe House LA.

I moved to LA a year and a half ago, and my transition into my new life would have been far more difficult had I not had the Moishe House Community. Over the past 15 months I have built some of the most loving, strong friendships which I know will continue to flourish, post-moho.

I could go on thanking the moishe house for providing me this amazing opportunity, however I feel it would be more entertaining to leave you with a couple lessons I have learned from living in a communal house.

(1) Men don't do dishes. This may be an exaggeration, because sure, occasionally, the sink will be clean. HOWEVER, for the most part, I am prepared for the sink responsibilities for my future relationships.

(2) Communication, respect and love are the most important factors in creating positive, beneficial relationships.

(3) The moishe house is not just a non-profit organization, but it is a home dedicated to providing a safe and warm space to the lost community of wandering Jews.

I am sad to say farewell, but am excited to move on with my life. I look forward to being a part of the "attending" moho community, and cannot wait to see the wonderful events mohola will throw in the future.

If you miss me and are hungry, come visit me at Whole Foods in Venice, Ca.

I love you all,
:),
Julie Auerbach
Mohola-'10-'11

No comments: