Thursday, October 2, 2008

MHSeattle, Tamar Libicki, 10/02/2008

We just got done hosting two very large (for us) Rosh hashana dinners. Both nights (four dinners) were all quite lovely. The first night I went over to our friend Olga's house, where I made some food related wishes for the new year. To give you an example of them: "may there be peas on earth" and "may all who are single get dates, all who are in a relationship set a date for their wedding, and all who are married find out the due date for their baby." While I was very serious about the first wish, the second was a bit of a joke, refering to our shared Jewish culture which puts Childbearing inside of wedlock as a very big priority. (For women in the days of yore it was in fact probably the biggest priority). Of course it is always nice to have a family. Which I am glad to have in my moishe house roommates Joel, Masha, and Neal. And extended in all the good folks that come by to hang out at our house. I am continue to be glad to have so many merry people gathering at my house to share experiences and edify each other.

No comments: