I just got back from spending FIVE, yes, FIVE days and FOUR nights in the bright lighted city of Las Vegas. My friend Jamie had a sweet gig where she could stay in a suite at the MGM Grand Signature for free and invited three other friends and myself.
The hotel was awesome! Beautiful! The room was on the 32nd floor with a view of the strip, free bottled water everywhere, 2 bathrooms, and a jacuzzi bathtub. Luxury at its best. And just a short, inside walk to the MGM which is fully equip with a HUGE casino, restaurants, live lions, a sports book, you name it.
All sounds nice. And parts of it were. Laying by the pool was nice. Although it was REALLY hot, 95 degrees, and I only made it through an hour each day. Going to see a comedy show, also fun. The Grand buffet, always fun, lots of options. But what is this city really doing there? What is the point? It's the most decadent wasteful place and it's in the middle of the dessert. I watched so many people dissolve hundreds of dollars at the blackjack and poker tables. And I guess that is fun for some, but not me. and I didn't even lose any money.
Las Vegas is weird because it's the only city in the world where the main attractions are the hotels. My housemate Ben, who also came on the trip, spent an entire day without going outside--and that's not that weird there. In fact, you could spend the entire vacation at the MGM and get the full Vegas experience. How weird is that? And if you don't want to spend a ton of money there isn't much to do. Which is why five days and 4 nights is FAR to long to spend there.
If you want to gamble I think Tahoe sounds better, at least there are alternate activities and better weather.
2 comments:
So when are you going back? ;)
I hear you Ashely! I went once to see some friends perform in a Cirque Du Soliel show, and I found myself asking the same question..."What's the point?" I'm glad you're home ;)
Post a Comment