Chag Sameach!!
We're super stoked for Pesach here at Moishe House in Portland, OR!
The sun is coming out, and we did our spring cleaning! We even steam-cleaned the carpet (or tried to lol...apparently I miss big red buttons).
This is the first time Rachel and I have kept Pesach to this standard of observance and we both were talking about how great and curious we feel about it. The ritual of kashering pots with boiling water is really a nice one. Something about it just seems cleansing, much like the mikveh I imagine...
Sometimes I get really indulgent with things like...buying groceries, or organizational supplies for my room, or hygenic products...I just get really into taking care of myself and making things organized haha. Hopefully I'm not too insane about it, actually quite messy...but ANYWAY I got really into Pesach shopping today.
It's so cool that we can pick out so many Kosher for Passover products and have so many options. We are a part of the bustling observant Jewish populous of SW Portland, eating imported Israeli spreadable cheese, provided by the Beaverton Hillsdale Albertson's in order to meet the demands of the local market...
It feels great, to not just be participating in, but to be a contributor to the economic and representational Jewish figure in Portland.
"I am making this a better place for Jews," I say to myself.
"I am learning an immense amount."
I would like to blog about other things house-related, but will save that for a later post as we have a retreat sort of event later this month. I look fwd to addressing all kinds of issues and coming up with some larger picture plans.
This last phrase sums it up. I am learning an immense amount.
No comments:
Post a Comment