So much going on, want to make sure I capture it all....:
1. Going to Israel!!! (!!!!!!!!!!!!)
2. Inauguration Madness seems to be forming as an event Jan. 19th-20th... Let us know if you'll be in town!
3. We now compost!!
4. We're to be featured on "Shmoozin' with Shmuel" the morning of Sun., Nov. 23rd.
5. Lots of cool new partnership-friendships underway (reaching out to & connecting with other organizers we can work w/ to pull off events we haven't been able to do as a house community and who can "co-sponsor" some of our current happenings -- advertising to their audience -- hopefully informing more people of the fabulous MH initiative, and the MHSS)
6. Our latest decorative additions are looking amazing.
Preschoolers are interesting.
I have a new idea for childhood development education -- way better -- clearer? -- than my class in college. More experiential.
They really are the ultimate in copy-cat play (or yell -- depending on the situation). They covered the bases on Monday: a room full of hands-on-ears "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" and then a collection of "artists" who were all making "dog food" out of bars of Ivory soap (breaking it into tiiiiiny crumbles instead of being soap carvers a la Michaelangelo).
I was subbing with a preschool art program and so wore a pair of pants that could get clay or paint or preschool drool or whatever on them without being ruined, and my Coke Bear sweatshirt (not exact, but there's a resemblance).
One lovely girl sitting next to me asked, "Why are you wearing that shirt?" A trick question, perhaps? I answered, "Because I wanted to," and then returned the inquiry: "Why are you wearing that shirt?" She had a good answer: "Because my mom picked it out."
More about Michaelangelo....but not too much more before she asks, "Why is he wearing sunglasses?"
How do you answer why a polar bear wears sunglasses?
I did, though, and asked her if she has ever worn sunglasses. She said no! Can it be???
(Turns out one of her classmates came outside for the "soap carving" portion of class wearing sunglasses -- so maybe only certain 3- and 4-year-olds have been introduced to coolness/eye protection.)
No comments:
Post a Comment