Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bloggin in the USA

So here is my second installment of the Moishe House DC blog (2nd for me, I'm sure we've had non Steven run blogs). This week is a somber one here at Moishe House DC. Mostly because i only tied last week in Fantasy. You see, I made the huge mistake of playing Chris Johnson instead of Lendale White on the week that I needed more than 3 points from my number 1 running back. Well Johnson isn't really my number one, but at this point it is hard to call Joseph Addai a number one. So anyway I tied which puts me one and a half games up on the number four and five seeds and in a virtual tie with the number three seed (I am currently the number 2 seed). I need a good showing out of a couple guys this weekend to clinch a playoff spot and then in week twelve i will have a shot at the number one seed.

In other news I am now grading paper 2, which is why I am up this late. Paper 2, or the duo as I have just in the last couple of seconds taken to calling the second paper from my ENGL 101 class is a paper that incorporates outside evidence into my kids experience as evidence essays of inquiry. They now need to take their inquiry and answer some of the questions with outside academic sources. This also means that they need to have a thesis and that each paragraph needs to work towards answering that thesis. both of these things are proving to be difficult for the little ones. But all is well, I went to two poetry readings this week. I saw Frank Biddard, Bruce Smith, and Rae Armatrout. They were each special in their own way although none of them were what I would call superior readers. The best part was getting to talk to Bruce Smith about what it means to be a poet from Philadelphia and what sort of voice comes with being from Philadelphia. We also discussed the Phillies winning the championship and whether or not that effects our self image.

till next time,

MHDC