Friday, November 7, 2008

I mean, how could I write about anything else

I know I am on the tail end of blogging for the month and pretty much everyone and their mom has blogged about the election, but seriously, I worked every day for the last week for over 12 hours a day in Alexandria Virginia to see him become the next president, so here are my thoughts:

It is AMAZING how many people volunteered for Obama. In my office alone there were about 10 full time staff and all but one was a volunteer. And these are people who quit, or took leave from their paid jobs, severely depleted their bank accounts, and lived off of donuts donated by crispy cream, for months and months, with no days off. Then, every day at least 40 people came into do phone banking and another 20 or so to go door to door. Election weekend we had so many volunteers we sent them to other VA offices because we were flooded with people wanting to do everything they could to see him win. Wow!

Ok, I have other things I could say, but everyone's said it. He's amazing! I'm so excited! I saw him speak in person at his last rally in Manasas VA on monday, and I think we have elected THE best person for the job.

And.....I just found out my sister is pregnant with her second baby due in the end of May. This election, more than anything is for them, the next generation.

Ashley MH Oakland

No comments: