Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Woops!! (and a challenge)


well, it seems I'm forgetful (I being David), and I sincerely, sincerely apologize for being late. My roommates think I overapologize and am oversincere, but with the Moishefamily, you can never be too sincere. Let's get an appreciation for being sincere, yeah?

I believe this picture is from Ein Gedi in Israel, and I wanted to put a plug in for my favorite device in my current blog posting - the fantastical funmachine known as the bicycle. Now that it's sunny out here in the middle states again, I have been rediscovering my love for bikes, and I did the 45 minute by bicycle commute to work the other day in celebration of the device.

Bikes are one of the most efficient machines for human transportation, with very little energy lost through friction, and they you from place to place without damage to the environment! I think use of bicycles instead of cars or even public transport is a great way to incorporate tikkun olam into our daily lives.

therefore, I challenge you out there in the Moishe community to make me put my money where my mouth is (or, rather, my feet where my mouth is. ouch) - email me at davidaweinberg@gmail.com, and if you start commuting to work by bike, I'll start doing it too! What better way to get more bang for your buck than making another person (that being me) be environment-friendly too!

I reserve the right to chicken out, but I probably won't. Also, I'd be happy to give pointers about how to make it a reality if you're not sure where to start.

Any takers?

No comments: