Friday, May 4, 2007

Voices and Shabbos Queens

Levi, my great thanks to you for giving us such a beautiful subject to blog about this month. Here are just a few appreciations of folk in our community who elevated the past month. I would like to appreciate Evan, who brings his soaring voice and his dancing shoes to all celebrations at our house, who brings infectious joy with him into the room, who knows his way around the keys, and who isn't afraid to translate Yiddish. I would like to appreciate everyone on our Shabbat team, for really elevating the shabbat experience at our house this month into a community organized event. Margie and I provided some support and a lot of cooking, but we otherwise did not make a single announcement or logistical coordination, we did not need to be in charge of set up or clean up, and we did not lead a single aspect of the evening. It all grew out of our holy community. This kind of Shabbat magic would not be possible without our team of Shabbat Kings and Queens, who made it all happen. Kol hakavod!

No comments: