Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Non-Potential Fifth Sons

Somtimes in life it helps to answer a question by process of elimination. Since Levi raised a very interesting question (what the nature of a fifth son / child in the passover seder would be), I would like to try and apply this unique rhetorical tool to see if we can't narrow down the field just a bit.

Some hypothetical characters who are NOT likely to be drafted as the fifth son anytime soon:

the sneezy son
the gassy son
the chubby son
the identical twin son to one of the other kids
Jonathan Landesman (just kidding - we love you, Jon!)
the Italian son
the left-handed son
the kleptomaniacal son
the maniacal son
the setting sun
the betting son
the bed-wetting son
Son Yat Sen
Susan Saran-son
the very punctual son
the 1st born Egyptian son
the 4th son voted twice
the son who is simple, wicked, wise, and foolish all at once

Well, in conclusion, there's only one answer to this quandry. The fifth son is Moses. Why? Because Moses is awesome.

1 comment:

Matty H said...

You forgot to mention the dopey son, the bashful son, the doc, the sleepy son, the grumpy son, and I think there has to be one more. Anyways I think I was the chubby son but it's just more fuel for my love tank. Peace.