Saturday, March 3, 2007

THE SNOW IS OVER!!

we've been getting 30-45 peeps to shabbat every week now. I can't even imagine what turnout'll be like now that the snow is over and it's starting to warm up outside.

so I led a group to the US Holocaust Memorial Museum the other week, which was way overdue. It was incredibly moving and pretty much everyone was devastated and rebuilt about six or seven times by the end of the tour. But I say overdue largely because we live in such a unique city with so much to offer in terms of facilities, monuments, organizations, and perspectives, allowing us to really mine into a deep store of resources for fulfilling and creative Jewish programming. I'm very glad we been lucky enough to start a Moishe House out here.

on an additional note, we had the pleasure of playing host to two of the FFoundation's finest: Phil-a-buster and Levi-rite marriage themselves! aside from one frightening Indiana Jones-esque incident in which Phil almost fell off an icy cliff in the course of his filming duties, the biggest surprise was when we were expecting an ordinary shabbas and instead had an extraordinary one with some excellent interviews filmed and good times had. I'm glad they came, and I think we learned a lot from them.

well, as Purim close approaches, I bid a hearty and healthy chag sameach to you all. My your groggers be loud and your hamentashen succulent.

~david~

No comments: