Monday, March 5, 2007

I love non competitive sports!


I just want to say that competitive sports are way over rated! People get so caught up in who wins or who loses and they lose track of where the fun's at! Sports is not about winning or losing but about playing the game! I am sick and tired of watching basketball and football and baseball where people are so driven by the urge to WIN!!! No one's smiling. No one's laughing. It's all shouts and screams. If I had it my way I would just take the scores out! If every basket sunk earned a player a really nice hug or piece of candy I think they would play just as hard; if not harder! Three points could be rewarded with a really nice flower or something, heck I don't know! I just think we're sending our kids and ourselves the wrong message. A man very dear to me once said, "if you're not first you're last!" Well I've got a new saying.

"If you're not first you are still special in my book so keep playing as hard as you can and feel good about yourself no matter what people might say because people don't know what they're talking about!"

You're probably asking yourself why am I writing this? Well I'll tell you. Manishevitz Revenge! I went to Moishe Soft Ball practice yesterday and it was perfect. Our time wasn't spent on trying to win, but trying to love... through sports. All ctaches were good catches; even the ones that included the ball bouncing out of a mit and rolling on the ground for an extended period of time! After the game we all got in a line and gave high fives. back when I was in highschool we would all spit in our hands. No one even thought to do that yesterday- except for Dena who likes to spit on her hand and then touch other people with it either on their hand or with a slimy finger in their ear.

In conclusion I love non-competitive sports and I hate Wet Willies.

Doooouglas

No comments: