Sunday, May 3, 2009

April Blog

April was a good month of matza, spring vacation (which of course went by way too quickly), and finally some warm weather.  I am quite happy that just last week  I had the opportunity to  meet Mike Nissenson, the Chairman of the Board, while he was in the city.  It was great being able to get to know him and talk with him about Moishe House, and the great organization that it is.  He is a great guy who has a lot of passion for Moishe House and everything they do.  Ironically, Mike and my dad were colleagues for a few years in Los Angeles-I guess it really is a small world (or at least a small Jewish world)!  This month we also hosted a shabbat dinner at the United Synagogue of Hoboken, the conservative shul in Hoboken, which was a great success.  We had lots of new people, most of whom had never heard of Moishe House, and were very excited about it;  they even gave us ideas of future events that they would like to see happen.  
We have some fun and exciting events planned for May, including a tele-shabbat with a few other east coast houses, which I'm sure will be fun (props to Stephanie from MH Providence for putting this all together!).

No comments: