Tuesday, January 2, 2007

East Bay for the Holidays...

This past month we were without one Brady Gill for about a month. His time in Cambodia was raw well spent though as he learned valuable training and teaching strategies. Despite his absence the house has been shaking and rolling though. Due to 4 earthquakes and a house that is similar to a boat the house has really been on the move. Despite the fear of the big one hitting at any moment we were still able to have a very memorable deep fried food party; chimmies, spring rolls, deep fried ice cream...things got wild and oily all night long.

To celebrate the end of the year and a successful start to Moishe East Bay Dennis and I celebrated in San Francisco by riding a trolley to and fro and enjoying a spectacular display of fireworks. Dennis liked the cranberry juice, but he did not enjoy the spicy mustard he had packed away. Anyway, things were in upheaval all night and well into the new year, what a way to celebrate.

I am glad the consumerism of Christmas has passed. I am tried of being told how bad my life is and how much I need something for $49.99 that will change it and make things better. It makes me fearful that people can be trapped into this. How quickly smart rationale people can be changed into a meaningless mass of consumers. I continued my tradition, no gifts, not for you, not for anyone (sorry mom, but it's the principle).

Here's to a new year and new resolutions. I will be folding on a couple of my resolutions at the January 7th beer and chili festival, but hey, resolutions are made to be broken (that could really catch on, maybe a t-shirt...)

Scooby-Doo Scooby-Does

No comments: