I for one was a little anxious in the lead up the event, as I wasnt sure how a group of people that only had in common that their children were in the MH, would get on. I also wanted to put on a good show for my parents so they could see what the MH is really about.
In the end it went really well:
- Carmeli's bakery, MH London catering and Joel's mum did a great job with the food.
- There was Jewish geography galore (it turns out that my step-mum knew Joel's uncle many years ago and was in FZY with Rachel's mum)
- The parents reminicised about their radical and ecletic pasts, and talked about getting the spirit of MH into their lives.
- We all sang birchat hamazon heartily together.
- And then 5 hours (yes 5 hours) later the parents decided enough was enough and went home.
Everyone really enjoyed it and for me it felt like I was giving something back to my parents, i had never hosted them properly in my home before.
It was definately one of my favourite events so far and showed how MH London has something for everyone. Maybe we will see the parents turning up at our Open Mike Night later in the month, I just hope my dad doesnt decide to tell some of his corny jokes or stories about his childhood.
Until next month
GIDEON
1 comment:
Thats sounds like a great experience.
Post a Comment