New transitions...
Being in a new city and working within the community has been extremely exciting for me these past two months. I feel like every day a new adventure awaits, of course, this also depends on how you define "adventure". With so many faces, so many people running somewhere, it's easy to feel like one of the masses, another somebody. Not to mention that when you move to a new place, even if it is not completely unfamiliar, there are so many new things to become adjusted to. Do my allegiances shift to these new sports teams? Should I explore these new chains of grocery stores or stick with the familiar? What about these drivers, I mean, Chicago is a city ruled by cars, and as a native Wisconsinite we have never been fans of Illinois citizens behind the wheel - and now, having officially crossed over the border, I'm surrounded by them!
But, alas, with all change comes transitions - some enjoyable and exciting, others not so much. I must say though, having a consistent community of familiar faces and friends and the freedom to explore this strange new land with others has made this transition into something that I enjoy every day and appreciate. I have started a new chapter in my life and I have the privilege of having a special community to share it with.
Oh... and I am definitely still a Packers fan.
-Elana
No comments:
Post a Comment