Monday, June 1, 2009

renovation

I just got back home from a trip that was designed to renovate a small wooden house in the forest. My former high school rented this house, and together with my friends we are planning to run there something like an informal local culture and education place. But first of all we had to do some renovation, because the house is in a really poor shape. So we bought thousands of tools and went there last weekend, taking with us also some students from the school I mentioned.
The thing that I most appreciated was a chance to scythe all the field around, but we were also setting doors, windows, cleaning the place, planting some vegetables and building sewage treatment plant and place for compost - because we want to make it as much 'eco' as possible.
We also met some locals, who came to see what's going on in their village - and, surprisingly, they didn't offer us any alcohol. So, I'm not sure if we can cooperate succesfully, not being welcomed there - but maybe it's only in the beginning. Anyway, we want to attract mostly kids, and they (hopefully) don't drink yet!

No comments: