Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Shana tova dear Moishe House community.

It's quite a coincidence that the start of my MH term and Jewish year overlap! I’m at the tail end of my first month of Moishe House Silver Spring which means sorting through the training binder, boxes of old toiletries and miscellaneous clothing packed in haste, and the early morning bus schedules to downtown.

You're right to expect me to say that it's been wonderful/amazing/a good fit because it has been all of those. The main adjustment is wrapping my head around the freedom and responsibility I have as part of the MH community. I'm honored to have this opportunity to pursue my passions through the supportive framework of housemates, local partnerships, and my connection to Judaism. I can't wait to see where this will take me!

But for now I'm left with tons of lofty goals and dusty knickknacks at Moishe House Silver Spring.

Shelly

No comments: