Tuesday, April 1, 2008
What the #$%& is Juice?
I'm going to Washington DC in a couple weeks for the National Leadership Conference for the Anti-Defamation League. I've become involved in the organization and I'm really enjoying learning more about it. The trip to DC will be an opportunity for everyone there to meet one another and to discuss different things that have happened in all the 30 cities where an ADL office exists. I'm going to be one of the younger, if not the youngest, person at the conference, and that always makes me feel weird. There's something about being young that resonates around a crowd, and it absolutely changes the dynamic. That does not really play out much in Moishe House events, at least in San Francisco, because at each event the age groups are consistently people in their 20's. It makes me wonder if a Moishe House would be successful if it were geared towards people in their 30's, or any sort of age group. There are Jewish youth groups for teens, but what about Moishe House alumni? Not just the people living in the homes, but the communities that were established. I think it could be a very successful venture, especially with providing an opportunity for young Jewish families with young kids to meet and socialize. Just an idea, and I thought I'd share...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment