Sunday, April 24, 2011

MohHoLalalal

Shavuah Tov!

Julie here from MoHoLA :) My house just picked up and moved into a new, amazingly beautiful house in West Hollywood and I can't help but feel extreme gratitude for my current living situation.

I find it to be absolutely amazing that in our new house, we held our largest Shabbat Dinner yet, with more than half of the attendees being first timers. On Friday night, I truly felt the impact of the Moishe House Mission. Our goal, as Moishe-house-nicks, is to build a Jewish community wherever we live. It is our mission to help introduce like-minded young professionals to one another, and I am so proud to be a part of this organization. I find it amazing, that in our old house, we had a beautiful community, but in our new house we were already able to tap into a new community with the blast of one short e-mail. This just makes me wonder how many other communities have not yet been tapped into..

I feel so blessed to be able to live in this beautiful house, to work my dream job, and to build, my own, beautiful community. My first year in the Moishe House flew by, but kept me grounded in my Judaism, in my community, and as an individual. I look forward to the coming year, the new friendships, the new community, and the new opportunities that are to come!

To feeling alive,

Julie

No comments: